The Return Of The Prodigal Son

The Return Of The Prodigal Son
Rembrandt Harmensz van Rijn

Monday, March 26, 2007

"An essay on grunions, written entirely in octameter." Or, "sometimes Google sucks."

I went to see the grunions run, but naught a grunion ran tonight. The chase was staged with company – a friend I’d met at camp, and Ro, the guy she’d met through me albeit by accident, I’ll have you know. At half past twelve we three joined up at Champs, a seedy local bar, and Jo and Ro and me, of course, piled in my car and drove to shore. We landed at an empty beach, I parked my car in a red zone. We all piled out, cameras in tow, to watch the frenzied mating start. A thousand fishes, more or less, would come on shore to dig and spawn, and pickings would be plentiful, we’d heard, but all the fish were GONE! I scoured the sand both high and low, but gulls and terns were all I found. NO fish were present, I’ll be darned! The internet was wrong this time! It turns out Google’s full of dung, and grunions had the final laugh!!

53 comments:

Anonymous said...

constantly i used to read smaller content which also clear their motive, and that is also happening with this post which I am reading here.



Feel free to visit my webpage :: home technology

Anonymous said...

Howdy! I’m at work browsing your website from my new iphone!

Just wanted to say I really like reading
your site and appear forward to all your posts!
Continue the wonderful work!

Also visit my web page; Press release News

Anonymous said...

Hurrah! In the end I got a webpage from where
I can in fact take useful facts regarding my study and knowledge.


My weblog ... restaurant news

Anonymous said...

I just could not depart your web site before suggesting that I actually enjoyed
the usual info a person provide in your visitors?
Is going to be again continuously to check up on new posts

my web-site; electrical power news

Anonymous said...

Greetings! Very helpful advice within this post! It is the
little changes that make the greatest changes.
Thanks a lot for sharing!

Here is my blog - pr newswires

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I could have sworn I've been to this site before but after checking through some of the post I realized it's
new to me. Nonetheless, I'm definitely delighted I found it and I'll be book-marking and checking
back often!

Look into my webpage :: women dating

Anonymous said...

Asking questions are genuinely nice thing if you are not understanding something fully, however this paragraph presents pleasant understanding yet.


Feel free to surf to my web blog women dating -
-

Anonymous said...

Amazing! Its genuinely awesome post, I have got much clear idea concerning from this paragraph.


Visit my webpage: family articles

Anonymous said...

Hi! Do you use Twitter? I'd like to follow you if that would be okay. I'm undoubtedly enjoying your blog
and look forward to new updates.

Feel free to surf to my web site; book author

Anonymous said...

It’s good to come across a blog every once in a while that isn’t the exact same out of date rehashed material.
Fantastic read! I’ve saved your website and I’m adding your RSS feeds to my Google account.


Check out my webpage Advertising news

Anonymous said...

Hey great website! Does writing a blog similar to this
need a massive amount work? I've without any expertise in programming but I was hoping to start my own, personal blog soon. Anyway, if you have any some ideas or techniques for new web log owners please share. I realize this really is off topic however I merely had a need to ask. Thanks a whole lot!

Stop by my web blog :: Environmental Issues

Anonymous said...

I have read so many articles or reviews regarding the blogger lovers but this article is really a nice article, keep it up.


Have a look at my web page theatre arts (http://Vagored.com.nu/)

Anonymous said...

Hello, I enjoy reading all of your post. I wanted to write a little comment to support
you.

Feel free to surf to my weblog - food articles news []

Anonymous said...

Fantastic website you have here but I was curious about if you knew of any user discussion forums that cover the same topics discussed
in this article? I'd really like to be a part of community where I can get feedback from other knowledgeable individuals that share the same interest. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks!

my site ... pr news (Www.Freakboo.com)

Anonymous said...

Hello my loved one! I wish to say that this article is
awesome, great written and include almost all vital infos.
I'd like to see more posts like this .

my website - marketing pr (http://profesionalesde.org)

Anonymous said...

Wow that was unusual. I just wrote an really long comment but after I clicked submit my comment
didn't show up. Grrrr... well I'm not writing
all that over again. Anyway, just wanted to say fantastic blog!


My webpage - chemicals manufacturers

Anonymous said...

Hello, its fastidious paragraph about media print, we all be aware of media is a great source of
information.

my web page college university

Anonymous said...

I was recommended this website by my cousin.
I am not sure whether this post is written by him as
nobody else know such detailed about my difficulty.
You're wonderful! Thanks!

Here is my weblog :: web page

Anonymous said...

I know this web site presents quality based posts and extra stuff, is there any other web page
which gives these kinds of stuff in quality?

Feel free to visit my web-site - finance business news :
: ::

Anonymous said...

I'm really loving the theme/design of your site. Do you ever run into any browser compatibility issues? A small number of my blog visitors have complained about my website not working correctly in Explorer but looks great in Opera. Do you have any tips to help fix this issue?

Feel free to visit my webpage latest financial news

Anonymous said...

Hey! Quick question that’s totally off topic.
Have you any idea making your site mobile friendly?

My website looks weird when browsing from my apple iphone.
I’m trying to find a template or plugin that would be
in a position to fix this matter. When you yourself have any suggestions, please share.
Thank you!

my homepage: New Business

Anonymous said...

Undeniably believe that which you stated. Your favorite
reason seemed to be on the internet the simplest thing to be aware of.
I say to you, I definitely get irked while people think about worries that they plainly don't know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people could take a signal. Will likely be back to get more. Thanks

Here is my site :: Business Financing

Anonymous said...

What's up, after reading this awesome paragraph i am also delighted to share my know-how here with friends.

My webpage :: Home company

Anonymous said...

There is definately a great deal to learn about this issue.
I like all the points you have made.

Here is my blog: Click at alamona.org

Anonymous said...

Hi, its pleasant article about media print, we
all know media is a enormous source of facts.

My site; just click the up coming internet site

Anonymous said...

Hello! I am aware this really is somewhat off-topic however I needed to
ask. Does owning a well-established blog such as for example yours take
a large amount of work? I’m completely new to blogging however I actually do write in my diary everyday.

I’d like to start a blog so I can share our experience
and thoughts on the web. Please allow me to know if you
have any tips or strategies for brand-new aspiring blog owners.
Many thanks!

my homepage education online

Anonymous said...

Plz reply as I’m seeking to design my own web
log and would like to know where u got this from.
thanks

my website; communications articles

Anonymous said...

This text is invaluable. When can I find out more?

Feel free to visit my web-site - Fashion Facts

Anonymous said...

I've been surfing on-line more than three hours these days, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It's beautiful value sufficient for me.
In my view, if all site owners and bloggers made
good content material as you did, the web might be a
lot more helpful than ever before.

My blog - click the up coming website page :: http://www.soyupb.info/ :
:

Anonymous said...

I'm gone to inform my little brother, that he should also visit this weblog on regular basis to obtain updated from most recent news.

Here is my webpage - http://datingnews.eu

Anonymous said...

Amazing! This web site looks just like my old one!

It’s on a completely different subject however it has just about the same page layout and design.
Great range of colors!

Feel free to surf to my weblog energy Engineering (meettz.com)

Anonymous said...

Amazing things here. I am very satisfied to
look your article. Thank you so much and I am looking forward to contact you.
Will you please drop me a mail?

Review my blog - simply click the up coming
article ()

Anonymous said...

Hey! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any trouble with hackers?
My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing a few months of hard work due to no data backup.
Do you have any methods to stop hackers?

My blog post - Lifestyle food

Anonymous said...

I know this website gives quality based content and extra material, is there any other web site which presents these data in quality?


Feel free to visit my page Discover More Here

Anonymous said...

Hey there! Are you aware if they make any plugins to assist with S.
E.O.? I’m hoping to get my blog to rank in te se's for some targeted key words but I’m not seeing great gains. If you know of any please share. Appreciate it!

my web site: restaurant news

Anonymous said...

My brother suggested I would possibly like this website.
He used to be entirely right. This post truly made my day.

You can not believe just how much time I had spent for this information!
Thanks!

Here is my blog trendy fashion

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the good writeup. It in fact was a
amusement account it. Look advanced to far added
agreeable from you! However, how can we communicate?



Feel free to surf to my website - Extra

Anonymous said...

Saved as a favorite, I like your blog!

Look at my blog - Liliana Hammonds

Anonymous said...

Saved as a favorite, I really like your blog!


My website ... education blog

Anonymous said...

Please let me know if you're looking for a article writer for your blog. You have some really great articles and I feel I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I'd absolutely love to write
some content for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine.

Please blast me an e-mail if interested. Many thanks!

Also visit my homepage :: public relations courses

Anonymous said...

Hi! This post couldn’t be written any better!
Looking over this post reminds me of my good old room mate!
That he always kept speaing frankly about this.
I am going to forward this write-up to him. Confident
he can have an excellent read. Thank you for sharing!


My web-site: simply click the following page

Anonymous said...

I'm really enjoying the design and layout of your website. It's a very
easy on the eyes which makes it much more pleasant for
me to come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a designer to
create your theme? Excellent work!

Feel free to visit my web-site ... marketing direct marketing

Anonymous said...

I do not know whether it's just me or if perhaps everyone else encountering issues with your website. It appears as though some of the text within your posts are running off the screen. Can somebody else please comment and let me know if this is happening to them as well? This may be a problem with my internet browser because I've had this happen previously.
Many thanks

My web blog author

Anonymous said...

I was suggested this blog by my cousin. I'm not sure whether this post is written by him as nobody else know such detailed about my difficulty. You're amazing!

Thanks!

Also visit my homepage :: http://facesexy.com.

br :: buddyfront.com ::

Anonymous said...

I'm more than happy to find this page. I need to to thank you for ones time due to this fantastic read!! I definitely savored every little bit of it and I have you book-marked to see new information in your site.

Here is my website: Electric Articles

Anonymous said...

Hi, i think that i saw you visited my site thus i
came to “return the favor”.I am trying to find things to improve my site!
I suppose its ok to use some of your ideas!!

Review my weblog air force stationary ()

Anonymous said...

Good way of explaining, and pleasant paragraph to obtain facts about my presentation subject, which i am going to present in
academy.

Also visit my web page; entertainment games

Anonymous said...

Frequently it’s hard to get that "perfect balance" between functionality
and visual appearance. I need to say that you’ve done a fantastic
job with this specific. Additionally , the blog loads super quick
for me personally on Safari.

My web blog; Recommended Browsing

Anonymous said...

My spouse and I stumbled over here coming from a different page and thought
I may as well check things out. I like what I see so now i am following you.
Look forward to exploring your web page again.

Feel free to surf to my web-site dating women

Anonymous said...

Right away I am ready to do my breakfast, after having my breakfast coming again to read additional news.


Here is my webpage; link []

Anonymous said...

There is certainly a great deal to learn about this subject.

I really like all of the points you made.

Here is my web-site - video game industry

Anonymous said...

Hi, of course this post is in fact pleasant and I have learned lot of things from it on the topic of blogging.
thanks.

Feel free to visit my web site; main page

Anonymous said...

Great items from you, man. I have be mindful your stuff prior to and you're simply too great. I actually like what you've acquired here,
really like what you are saying and the way in which you are saying it.
You make it entertaining and you continue to care for to keep it
smart. I can't wait to read much more from you. That is actually a great web site.

Take a look at my website :: Sdsoftball.Net